Tuesday, January 04, 2005

What More Can Be Said...?

Well, things have been a bit slow on the blog-front recently.

News-wise, there really is only one story. Tsunami.

I've thought about commenting on the scale of the tragedy, but it's all been said better by others (like Birdman). I couldn't really add anything.

However, there was something I heard last night on the James Whale show on TalkSPORT radio last night that kinda disturbed me.

Apparently (i.e., I have no proof of this! You'll have to take his word for it!) Oxfam last year made something in the region of £64M through their vast range of shops. But the running costs of this empire amounted to around £49M!

As I said, I have no corroboration, no proof except the words of Mr James Whale. He might be wrong.

But if he's right, then please be careful about where and to whom you donate money. It's all too easy to chuck a few quid in the bucket outside Tescos, but how do you know what happens to it after that?

Jings, if even Oxfam can only put 25% of the money donated to a good use, then what of the others?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.