Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Spoiling The View....?


I don't think so!

There has been much trouble and strife amongst the locals concerning the erection of Wind Farms. Most were against the decision, feeling that they'd be an unwelcome eyesore in our beautifully desolate countryside.

I went out this afternoon and took a few 'photos. These particular windfarms are literally yards from the main A9 south to Inverness. There's about 25 there, in total.

As it was the first time I'd actually seen them, my initial reaction was somewhat subdued. I mean, they aren't really that intrusive, they aren't monstrous carbuncles and they only occupy a couple of old farmer's fields.

The views of Morven and Maiden's Pap are not ruined by them (in fact, as we arrived both were quickly being obscured by a fast moving rainstorm, heading OUR way!) and they seemed to just sit in a field, whirring away quietly to themselves!

In fact, at night I'd like to see them floodlit, with lights on the vanes and everything...!

People travelling up the A9 at night would be able to see thm for miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.