Saturday, January 22, 2005

Computers! Damn Them All To Hell.....

At last! I'm back online!

I had a wee set-back on Thursday, when my PC crashed. Not your normal sort of crash, but serious. No, make that SERIOUS.

Windows wouldn't boot up, kept getting a screen asking to start in safe-mode.

"OK, that should work, and I'll be able to sort it out, nae bother" says your hapless correspondent.


Some bother later, and I haven't got an effing scooby! So, after fruitlessly asking my whizz-kid nephew for assistance I had to move on to 'Plan B'.

After getting home from the pub (slightly pissed out my face?!?!) on Thursday night, I search out all the old installation cds and proceed to re-install Windows.....

I mean come on, how was I to know that everything (files, settings, mp3's, emails, more importantly all the Wife's stuff too....every-fucking-thing in fact) would be wiped from my hard-drive??

*Repeat after me - "I Must LearnTo Back-Up" *


Ach well, at least the PC is running really fast now, though......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.