Saturday, April 02, 2005

Bloody Fuckery...Wait For Me...?

Right, I've got myself a wee bit in over my heid here..

Tonight, as part of a six-band extravaganza of musical delights, I've agreed to play rhythm guitar for the Stevie Taylor Band...

We've had two (2) rehearsals, where we played a couple of Deep Purple songs, a Scorpions number, and "Holy Diver" by Dio, along with one of Stevie's own compositions. We played some more, but I can't remember what. Says a lot, eh?

We sounded good*.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm a crap guitarist, quite simply because I'm not. I'm a damn decent guitarist.

But I'm the type that needs to practice to be better, and in a band situaton, I need to be able to work with the rest of the guys to know when to give and when to go...

So, tonight at 8.30pm-ish, I shall be prostrating myself, and my undoubted musical talents at the feet of the ears of some of the most renowned of local artists, while having no real idea of what I'm supposed to be playing next...

Thank goodness that I've at least got a full head of luxurious, flowing hair** for the undubious headbanging duties.......


I will file a full report afterwards. Or maybe not. depends on whether we were shit or not. Hey ho. Bite me.

*Lies, and shite.
**Utter lies, and utter shite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.