Monday, October 04, 2004

Nothing Doing....

Well, this 'Unemployment' lark is not all it's cracked up to be...

I've spent the last few days doing nothing but get pissed and sleep! What's the fun in that, then?

I had arranged to meet 70's Ian and The Professor in a local hostelry on Friday to drink lager and catch up on things. So I get home at about 10pm, absolutely snottered with the drink. I knew I had to get up early on Saturday as we had an all-day 7-a-side Cup Competition to play, starting at 10am. Which led to more drink (we went for the carry-out at 11.30am, and it was half done by time we played our second game at 1.25! Needless to say, we lost both games 4-1! Thank soddery I am the manager and don't play anymore!).

I remember being home in time to watch the Premiership highlights on BBC1 at night....

And today was spent sleeping, with a brief trip to the all-weather pitch (in fact more appropriately, the SOME-WEATHER-pitch) to take the weekly training session which was aborted due to there being only 4 players in attendance! Bloody softies...

So that's it for now. I have my first signing-on date on Wednesday where I will be expected to justify my Jobseekers Allowance by providing evidence of my attempts to find work.

That should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.