Thursday, July 29, 2004

Terry Wogan, and his part in my downfall........

Radio 2 - Still better than all the rest......

Terry Wogan played a big part in my upbringing. Every morning my mother would play Terry Wogan on the radio (or 'wireless' if you want to be pedantic!) while ate my breakfast and got ready for school.

And it was brilliant!

On the rare occasion I wasn't going to school, just listening to the banter between TW and Jimmy Young doing the hand-over at 9.30 would be the funniest thing I'd hear that week. It was legendary!

If it wasn't for Terry Wogan playing 'Waiting For an Alibi' by Thin Lizzy regularly during my formative years, I can honestly say that I would never have become a Rock Fan, and would have happily succumbed to the pop pap of The Buggles, Boney M and Lionel Ritchie. I would never then have grown my long hair, spent my hard-earned wages travelling to far-off Rock/Metal concerts (putting life, bank balance and school studies at risk), hence would never have ended up consigned to the shitty job I have now.

I would probably be working in a bank, earning 20 grands a week, and be the proud owner of a BMW and a three-bedroomed house. Instead of becoming the skint, work-shy bastard that I am.....

So I'd like to thank Terry Wogan for his undoubted part in my downfall.

Aye, Top 'o The Mornin' t'ya.

Ta very fucking much........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.