Friday, July 08, 2005

Coming Home...

I had considered writing something about the happenings in London yesterday, but I really can't think of the right thing to say. So, I'll concentrate on things closer to home for me.

Well, The Wife is on her way back from Glenrothes today, in fact she'll be back in less than 2 hours.

The sight of various nefarious types conducting running battles through the sleepy, timid streets of an early morning Auchterarder reminded me of the rioters in Belfast at the heights of the troubles there.

Reports of injured policemen taken to hospital, only for the protesters to follow and attempt to disrupt their treatment!

These people are not protestors (nor anarchists) at all. They're just idiotic wee students, fooled into believing they are on some ort of crusade.

One guy, on camera, complaining about getting a truncheoning (?) after getting too close to the perimiter fence at Gleneagles was asked by a journalist "Sir, why were you standing so close to the fence?" to which truncheonee says "I..I..I was trying to make my voice heard!".

Journo then says "Well, you have a TV camera there, now's your chance. Make it heard".

All he could say was "Look what they did to me!"

Idiot. A true campaigner or protestor would have had a here's-one-I-prepared-earlier diatribe against western capitalism and the war in Iraq.

Anyway must dash, time to wash the dishes and hoover the floor, and weed the garden, and do all those things I said I would do when she was away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.